Chief Wine Officer: Securing The Energy World Online
Chief Wine Officer and Akamai are hosting an Industry Roundtable: Securing the Energy World Online from 6.15pm on Thursday 7th June 2012 at the magnificent Hotel Zaza in the heart of Houston’s Museum District. We will be mixing business with pleasure, with industry speakers & discussion, a Chief Wine Officer fine wine reception, canapé dinner, and networking among clients, colleagues & friends from leading US energy companies, as well as the chance of winning a top-spec Apple iPad3.
Securing the Energy World Online
In today’s hyper-connected world, energy companies need to use the collaboration and communication capabilities of the web to support innovation, yet they face increasingly frequent attempts to launch cyber attacks on mission-critical business applications, steal intellectual property and render web properties unavailable. Please join us to learn how extending the security perimeter beyond your datacenter can protect your company enterprise from the growing frequency, scale and sophistication of web attacks.
Join our panel of security experts who will share their insights and knowledge of the latest security trends as well as data-breach reports.
- Terremark – Bill Lowry is vice president for cloud services at Terremark, working with large companies to apply the power of enterprise-class cloud computing to their IT strategies.
- Akamai – Martin McKeay is part of Akamai’s security intelligence team, responsible for researching security threats, customer education and industry intelligence.
- Terremark – Neal Maguire is a senior security consultant with Terremark’s investigations team, responsibility for forensic analysis, data recovery, and IT investigative work. DATE: Thursday 7th June 2012, 6:15pm for keynote speeches, vintage champagne, and follow-on gourmet canapés with fine-wine tasting and networking.
- Evening Format: An interactive roundtable format. Integrated with the talks will be: a vintage champagne reception; peer discussions; gourmet canapé dining; fine-wine tasting; wine host; education, entertainment & competition; & late bar.
- Networking: Alongside the challenge of spotting the difference between $200, $50 and $20 fine wines, the evening will be optimized for networking with your peers, colleagues and clients.
- Wine Theme & Host: USA vs. The Rest of The World, featuring the finest wines that the USA & The Rest of The World have to offer, pitched head-to-head and hosted by Megan Wiig, a leading US wine educator, writer and adviser to some of the world’s most prestigious wine regions.
- Attendees: 15+ board level and senior executives from other major US energy companies will be attending, one of whom will win an Apple iPad3 (16Gb 4G).
- Venue: Hotel Zaza, 5701 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77005, USA.