(last updated 12 June 2018)
We would like you to know that we collect pieces of information and capture data when you visit our websites (including; CEO.digital, Chief Nation, Chief Wine Officer, Chief Experiences, Chief Whisky Officer, Chief Golf Officer). This is done to help improve your user experience with us, but we want to ensure you are happy with the types of information that we store and let you know how to opt out.
Here’s a rundown of what’s collected and retained:
- CookiesThe words that you used to search for our website, the links that you have clicked, and your journey through our pages are logged. This is done by dropping a cookie on your very first visit, and from information left in any form you submit to us.
- Personal informationWe collect information that will help us contact you to invite you to a relevant event, or share informative material from our clients. This may include your name, your company and company address, your email or work phone number. We inform data subjects at the point that processing of their personal data begins and we keep it for as long as processing is deemed necessary for the purpose specified.
- SecurityWe implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We do everything we can to ensure that your data is transmitted to us securely. Please note, any data sent to us is done so at your own risk. All of our data is stored using carefully selected, secure data centres located within the EU. We will not transfer your data outside of the EEA without your explicit consent, an adequacy decision or appropriate safeguards.
- EngagementWe like to track how engaged you are with the emails you receive from us. This will mean we may see if you open or click on certain links.
- IP addressYour router will transmit your IP address to our web servers, which we keep track of to understand more about our website visitors.
- Browser agentYour computer will transmit your preferred browser agent to us. This will consist of your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s OS.
Here’s a rundown of what WE DO NOT COLLECT:
- Any browsing behaviour outside of any of our own domains chiefnation.com, www.chiefwineofficer.com etc
- Any personal or sensitive data relating to your personal life, such as gender, age, favourite chocolate bar.
All of our data is stored on highly secure servers, with restricted access, that are located within the EU. We use our data to:
- To personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To send out invitations to our events and programs.
- To send relevant marketing and introductory emails from/relating to partners.
- Respond to and store any queries that you may have submitted to help us improve our service.
- Ensure we remain compliant under the terms of the GDPR.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We do everything we can to ensure that your data is transmitted to us securely. Please note, any data sent to us is done so at your own risk.
All of our data is stored using carefully selected, secure data centres located within the EU. We will not transfer your data outside of the EU without your prior consent.
THIRD PARTY WEB TOOLS:
We also use third party webtools that enable us to provide our users with a better experience and service as well help us to diagnose technical problems and analyse user trends. Most importantly, through the use of these tools, the functionality of our sites can be improved, making them more user-friendly, more valuable, and simpler for you to use.
Your information is anonymised, but you may opt-out from us being able to collect your information via these tools:
We use a marketing platform to send emails, whose servers are located within the EU.
When you complete one of our data capture forms, you do so on the following basis:
- You are a representative of the company you work for
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You accept the relevance of our services and partners’ products to the business interests of the company.
Should you wish to stop receiving emails:
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- You may write to the Chief Nation, specifically requesting your removal (addressed to: Data Protection Officer, Chief Nation, Thomas Ford House, 23-24 Smithfield Street, London EC1A 9LF), your request will be actioned upon within 28 days of its receipt. You must include your name and email address for us to ensure its removal.
- Please note we cannot accept unsubscribe requests through any other channel.
WHY OUR PROCESSING IS LEGAL
Our whole team receives regular training and is responsible for promoting awareness of the GDPR across the business and implementing the new policies and measures. We have reviewed our existing supply chain to achieve GDPR compliance throughout. We have also consulted specialist lawyers and are dedicated to safeguarding the personal information in our care and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new regulation.
The GDPR requires a data controller to justify the processing of personal data before it can be considered lawful. As such, Chief Nation aims to meet at least one of the two following conditions:
- Legitimate Interest: we have determined that processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Chief Nation or by a third party, and such interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals whose data is being processed, or
- Consent: the individual has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for the specific purposes
Chief Nation works very hard to maintain an very high standard of data management and usage. Under the GDPR you have the right to request the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (or be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data you should contact the Data Protection Officer: Richard Porter, Chief Nation, Thomas Ford House, 23-24 Smithfield Street, London EC1A 9LF. email: email@example.com or telephone 020 7329 3933.
If you have not received a response within 28 days, you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.